Friday 19 December 2014

Good things come in threes

So there you have it. I'm half way through my three year degree course in visual arts.

This week I made the finishing touches to my work - techniques and processes, and studio practice, For both I have done ceramics and loved every minute of it.

In the last few days I have enjoyed visiting my former colleagues on the textile course, and admiring their endeavors. A lot of beautiful woven and printed work there. As I looked, I realised that I had made the right choice to leave the course and go to visual arts, and that was a reassuring feeling to have.

I have also seen some snippets of work by other students who have worked in what is called the Painting Studio or Spinning Shed. There is Beth's cardboard life-sized horse, Ian (Dash)'s 3d painted pallet explosions, Maggie's ceramic wall of curved bricks; Kristof's intricate tiny village.

Here are a few pictures taken of my work as it looks now, ready to be assessed over the next couple of weeks (along with everyone else's work too!)



Three different balls of wool, dipped in liquid clay, fired and glazed.


Ceramic spools - clay extruder, hessian and felt fibres dipped in slip, fired, glazed


Handmade textile coil pots, slip, firing, glazing, glass bead added and re-fired





1 comment:

  1. It's all lovely but especially the balls of wool :). Glad you are enjoying it so much.

    ReplyDelete